July 01st 2016
Fruit & vegetable juices and purées add fresh flavour and natural goodness to sauces, pasta, dressings, marinades and more. According to the 2015 McCormick Flavour Forecast, watch out for fresh purées and juices blended with bold spices and herbs to provide a fun, delicious way to enjoy an extra serving of fruits and veggies.
Liquid Revolution is the next step in the evolution of juicing. Now, chefs are using fruit & veggie juices and purées for cooking, both savory and sweet; the juice bar has moved to the kitchen! Rather than rich cream based sauces or gravies for pasta, meats and seafood, today’s chefs are using juicing and pureeing techniques to create nutrient- and texture-rich sauces ideal for cooking.
Fruit & vegetable juices and purées still provide rich mouth-feel, now packed with nutrients, and a full serving of vegetables and fruit in each serving. Spices & herbs are key to making these juices and purées taste great: garlic, ginger, cinnamon, chilies, seasoning blends such as Italian seasoning, and flavourful extracts, are just some of the ways to deliver great flavour to liquid applications.
• Try blending hearty veggies with a healthy base like chicken stock to create light, flavourful sauces.
• Add colour and flavour to dishes with smooth puréed fruits and veggies.
• Use fresh fruit and vegetable juices as a base for marinades, dressings and cocktails.
• Stir juices into clear mixed drinks to create signature cocktails like a beety vodka tonic or a carrotini.
• Purée kale, avocado and pistachios with chicken stock, garlic and Italian Seasoning for an easy dish that is high in nutrients and packed with flavour.
• Make a Winter Root Juice by combining beets, celeriac, ginger, lemon and carrot with Cinnamon.
• Try a savoury fruit purée featuring sour apple, plum and oregano